It’s getting tougher out there and ‘winging it’ or sprinkling in a few cold calls here and there won’t get you very far. In fact, without a concrete plan, most sales people get so frustrated they abandon many of their prospecting efforts.
You can’t afford to let that happen. You have to consistently add new opportunities to the pipeline.
That’s why I asked new business development expert Mike Weinberg to join me on this episode.
Mike is the author of New Sales. Simplified. The Essential Handbook for Prospecting and New Business Development.
He’s got a real passion for helping sales people and organizations fill their funnel. I asked Mike to share some of the reasons salespeople struggle to create new opportunities and what to do about it. Specifically, he’ll share:
- The most common reasons salespeople fail to generate new business
- Why being too ‘relational’ can limit your prospecting ability
- How sales managers are letting their teams down and how to fix it
- The two non-negotiables for new business development
- A customer segmentation model everyone can use that will help you focus your time and energy
- How to craft a story prospects will pay attention to
It’s a jam-packed interview you won’t want to miss!